Mens & Mixed Competitions 2018
The 2018 Competition draws will be updated here as soon as available.
The documents below are presented in PDF format for ease of reading.
Behaviour in Competitions and Matches
Leicestershire has a
tradition of fair play and courtesy to opposition players. Please note
that the Etiquette guidelines on behaviour are no longer in the County
Yearbook. These guidelines are noted here and access to a PDF format
that you can download and print is available from this page. It is
right and proper for us to mantain a stance on behaviour without
resorting to additional rules to those provided in the Laws of the Sport
of Bowls and Bowls England Regulations 50-70: Appendix C: Code of
Conduct for Competitors in Bowls England National
Championship/Competition Finals. Please note that the nature of
Misconduct is covered in Bowls England Disciplinary Regulation 9. In
addition... a guidance booklet is available from Bowls England. We
recommend Clubs purchase copies for New Bowlers as an Introduction to
- Dress correctly for all games.
- Greet your own team members and opponents at the start of the game and congratulate and compliment them at the end of play.
- Compliment your opponent on a good shot.
- Admit to a fluke with good grace.
- Stand still when a player is on the mat.
- Do not walk or make a noise behind the mat when a player is about to deliver a bowl.
- Remain behind the mat or behind the head when it is not your turn to play. As soon as your bowl has come to rest, possession of the rink passes to your opponent.
- Keep to your own rink. Do not become a wanderer and distract other bowlers. Walk down the centre of your rink when you are changing ends.
- On sunny days be aware of your shadow. Do not let it mask the jack or permit it to fall in front of the mat when a player is about to bowl.
- Try to avoid obscuring boundary pegs, rink plates or rink markers.
- Never criticise your opponent, the Green, or your own team members. If you cannot say something positive – say nothing at all.
- Pay attention, concentrate on the game. It is frustrating to your team mates if you are not giving full attention and best effort. Socialise after the game.
- Always appear to be enjoying the game.
- Stand well back from the head when drive shots are being played and warn others.
- Learn the laws of the sport and abide by them.
- Be a gracious winner and a good loser.
BEHAVIOUR (ETIQUETTE) TOWARDS FELLOW BOWLERS.
Competition Dates, Draw & Results
Select a Competition below to view the play dates, draw and results.
Click here for a full list of Mens Competition Dates
Greenwood Cup Results 2018
|FINALS DAYS||CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS SCHEDULE||NON-CHAMPIONSHIPSCHEDULE|
Championships (Leamington Competitions)
|FINAL STAGES||FINALS||FINALS||FINALS||FINALS||FINALS||FINALS||FINALS ||FINALS |
|Group Rounds||CHAMP OF|
|Group Rounds||MIXED PAIRS||2WD TRIPLES||JUBILEE|