Ladies Competitions 2019
The Competition Dates for 2019 and the FORMS for entry to the Championships and Competitions are now available. Please follow all instructions for delivery deadline and payment notified on the forms.
- 2019 COMPETITION DATES (1 landscape page)
- 2019 TREASURERS CHAMPIONSHIPS & COMPS SUMMARY SHEET (1 portrait page)
- 2019 CHAMPIONSHIPS & GENERAL COMPETITIONS ENTRY CONTACTS FORM (1 portrait page)
- 2019 CHAMPIONSHIPS & GENERAL COMPETITIONS ENTRY FORMS (2 landscape pages)
Finals Day 2018
Our Finals Day this year was held at NARBOROUGH Bowling Club on SUNDAY, 9 September. Details of the 2018 Championship and General Competition winners and runners-up are seen below.
|4wd Singles Championship ||C Inserra (Wymeswold)||C Dixon (New Lount)|
|2wd Singles Championship||D Hurst (Birstall)||SA Lewis-Wall (Kingscroft)|
|Pairs Championship||N Hughes, JL Winch (Kingscroft)||M Moore, J Horsley (Oadby)|
|Triples Championship||SA Lewis-Wall, N HUghes, JL Winch|
(Kingscroft) (C Locking, sub in final)
|H Smith, N Hollis, L Green (New Lount)|
|Fours Championship||C Burton, J Bilsbrough, K Kyle,|
J Bontoft (Shepshed)
|S Forryan, H Staniforth, M Groombridge,|
E Barrett (Hinckley)
|Senior Fours Championship||J Elliott, V Newman, C Dixon, L Green|
|C Inserra, B Livermore, L Willatts, K Rothera|
|Junior Singles Championship||Sunita Pimprasan (Birstall)||K Bowman (Thringstone)|
|Junior Pairs Championship||E Shipley, K Bowman (Hinckley/Thringstone)||A Atkin, R Barnes (Ashby)|
|Champion of Champions||P Walker (Birstall)||K Kyle (Shepshed)|
|Unbadged Singles||S Cobb (Blaby)|| J Jones (L Greenfields)|
|Secretary & Delegates Salver||K Rothera (Wymeswold)||J Watson (Coalville)|
|2wd Triples||L Hibbins, J Smith, B Chantler|
|C Burton, K Kyle, J Bontoft (Shepshed)|
|Senior Singles||J Watson (Coalville Town)||B Lewis (Kingscroft)|
|Senior Pairs||J Elliott, C Dixon (New Lount)||J Watson, J Everitt (Coalville/Birstall)|
|Unbadged Double Rink||Quorn Mills Park BC||Fosseway BC|
|Top Club||Kingscroft BC||Wymeswold BC|
The documents below are presented in PDF format for ease of reading.
Behaviour in Competitions and Matches
Leicestershire has a tradition of fair play and courtesy to opposition players. Please note that the Etiquette guidelines on behaviour are no longer in the County Yearbook. These guidelines are noted here and access to a PDF format that you can download and print is available from this page. It is right and proper for us to mantain a stance on behaviour without resorting to additional rules to those provided in the Laws of the Sport of Bowls and Bowls England Regulations 50-70: Appendix C: Code of Conduct for Competitors in Bowls England National Championship/Competition Finals. Please note that the nature of Misconduct is covered in Bowls England Disciplinary Regulation 9. In addition... a guidance booklet is available from Bowls England. We recommend Clubs purchase copies for New Bowlers as an Introduction to the game.
- Dress correctly for all games.
- Greet your own team members and opponents at the start of the game and congratulate and compliment them at the end of play.
- Compliment your opponent on a good shot.
- Admit to a fluke with good grace.
- Stand still when a player is on the mat.
- Do not walk or make a noise behind the mat when a player is about to deliver a bowl.
- Remain behind the mat or behind the head when it is not your turn to play. As soon as your bowl has come to rest, possession of the rink passes to your opponent.
- Keep to your own rink. Do not become a wanderer and distract other bowlers. Walk down the centre of your rink when you are changing ends.
- On sunny days be aware of your shadow. Do not let it mask the jack or permit it to fall in front of the mat when a player is about to bowl.
- Try to avoid obscuring boundary pegs, rink plates or rink markers.
- Never criticise your opponent, the Green, or your own team members. If you cannot say something positive – say nothing at all.
- Pay attention, concentrate on the game. It is frustrating to your team mates if you are not giving full attention and best effort. Socialise after the game.
- Always appear to be enjoying the game.
- Stand well back from the head when drive shots are being played and warn others.
- Learn the laws of the sport and abide by them.
- Be a gracious winner and a good loser.
BEHAVIOUR (ETIQUETTE) TOWARDS FELLOW BOWLERS.
Draws & Results
2018 draws and results can be picked up here. Publication of the new draws for 2019, once done in January next, replace the previous results.
Select a Competition ICON below to view the play dates, draw and results. Click on FINALS links below for details and results of finals. If you wish to download copies of Championships etc by AREA please click on links below. Please note JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS are drawn openly on the event days.
Championships (Leamington Competitions)
|4WD SINGLES||2WD SINGLES||PAIRS||TRIPLES||OPEN FOURS||SNR FOURS |
|AREA 2||GROUP A|
|AREA 4||GROUP B|
|FINAL STAGES||FINALS||FINALS||FINALS||FINALS||FINALS||FINALS |
|U25 SINGLES||U25 PAIRS|